A leading, global technology business, with a strong UK presence, is looking for Three Senior Java Software Engineers, with strong Java skills, to join and complement their development teams. This company works in multiple markets and sectors, often at the cutting edge of technology, across a variety of medium to enterprise scale projects.
As Senior Java Developer, you will take responsibility for the technical delivery of high quality software solutions. Working as part of the wider team, you will be happy to share your knowledge, advising and mentoring junior colleagues when required. This is still very much a hands-on position to, so a solid technical ability is crucial, as is a good understanding and proficiency of a broad range of technologies, tools and methodologies.
- Core Java 7/8 development skills
- Excellent understanding of multi- threaded programming (e.g. with Java 8 and/or Guava Futures)
- Exposure to the full development lifecycle
- Demonstrable knowledge of Domain Modelling, Design Patterns and Clean Coding techniques
- A solid understanding of Test Driven Development
- Maven / Continuous Integration / Version control (SVN/Git)
- JDBC / Oracle DB
Exposure to any of the following is highly desirable
- Good understanding of performance/clustering/scalability concerns
- Web Services (HTTP, REST, JSON, XML)
- Database techniques (JDBC, SQL, Oracle PL/SQL, techniques in Distributed Data Stores
- Appreciation of Java Security (digital signing, certificates, PKI)
- Java build and configuration / DevOps, familiarity with Windows and Linux-based systems and cloud architectures
This is a great opportunity to work for one of the UK’s top employee’s, which offers a strong benefits and rewards package, continued personal development and real career progression.
If you are interested in the role or would like to hear more please drop me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call me on 0203 328 0383