Senior Java Developer – Big Data Project - 6 Month Contract
A leading financial client are looking to hire a Senior Java Developer with a strong big data background to help define and build a new digital transformation project!
As a Senior Java Developer you will meet and work closely with department managers, their product development and IT teams to understand their needs and build new software products from the ground up. You will have the relative freedom to define and extend the current code base and be someone who can push forward new ideas and technologies.
- You have development experience working with Big data, preferably in Java.
- Strong design and development experience in Big Data solutions and Hadoop Ecosystem such as Map-Reduce, YARN, Spark, Impala, Kafka, Solr, PIG, Hive, HUE
- You have experience with scripting languages like Bash, Perl or Python on Unix systems
- 5+ years developing production software, in Java using technologies like Spring, Hibernate, Jackson, Jersey and JMS
- Knowledge of one of the Statistical Modelling Languages: R, Python, Strata
- Development experience with Search technologies such as Solr and/or Lucene or any other leading open source / commercial search engine.
- You have experience with NoSQL technologies like Cassandra, MongoDB, MarkLogic, Riak or similar
- Expert in data analysis
- Proficient in analytical and problem solving ability
- Good knowledge in data warehousing designs and technology
This is a great opportunity to be part of something new that has the backing of a global organisation.
Please send across your CV to apply. Interviews will be taking place immediately.
Location: Canary Wharf, London
Length: 6 Months